Best VoIP Phones
A Guide to Finding the Best VoIP Phone
If you’re in the process of searching for the right VoIP service for your small business, you might also be in need of VoIP phones.
If you’ve only used traditional phones before, here’s everything you need to know about choosing the best VoIP phone system for you.
What is a VoIP phone?
Let’s back things up to understand what VoIP is. VoIP means “voice over internet protocol”; in other words, with VoIP phone service, you make phone calls over a high-speed internet connection. VoIP phones have many of the same features and advantages of regular phone service, with the added benefit of being extremely cheap or even free. With VoIP, your business phone number can stay the same; there’s no need to change it.
To use a VoIP service, you’ll need a VoIP phone. A VoIP phone allows you to connect to the internet and make calls.
There are two types of VoIP phones: hard phones and softphones.
Hard phones look like regular desktop phones that you probably already have, and they’re on desks and conference room tables around the world. VoIP phones can be used for direct and conference calls.
A softphone is another word for a virtual phone, typically found in a smartphone app. Softphones from most VoIP providers have most of the same features as hard phones.
How do VoIP phones work?
As mentioned, VoIP systems use the internet to handle calls; instead of installing new copper wiring, your new VoIP phone can use your wifi or computer cables to manage calling.
Most VoIP phones only need a router and network connection, either via cables or wifi. Once you plug in your new phone into the wall and connect to the internet, it’ll be up and running and ready for calls.
VoIP Phone Features to Look For
You’ll get a variety of features from different VoIP providers. First, we’ll tell you which features are standard—meaning the VoIP phone you choose for your business should definitely have these; then we’ll discuss the features that we think make a phone system really stand out.
- HD voice quality
- Wireless headset input
- Power over ethernet
- Caller ID
- Call forwarding
- Call transfer
- Call hold
- Call parking
- Do Not Disturb
- SIP trunking
- Backlit LCD display
- Call forwarding
- Call recording
- Bluetooth support
- Wifi compatible
- Video conferencing
- Auto-attendant to route calls
- Cordless option
- Supports multiple phone lines
How to Choose a VoIP Business Phone
Because there are so many VoIP providers and phones on the market, choosing the business phone system for you can be difficult. Consider the following as you choose the business VoIP phone solution that’s best for you.
- Do you want a desk phone or a conference phone? Most VoIP phone manufacturers create both, but they function in very different ways.
- How many phone lines should each device handle?
- Will you need headsets or Bluetooth?
- Will you require a softphone mobile app? Call center employees often have these apps on their cell phones.
- Do you require impeccable call quality?
- How long do you want your phones to last before upgrading?
Make the Switch!
Schedule an appointment with a Gabbit Representative today to start enjoying big monthly savings on your phone service:
Need customer support?
Follow the below steps. Steps 1 & 2 solve most problems.
- Is your Internet connection working? If not, call your ISP. Otherwise go to step 2.
- Power cycle (i.e. re-boot) your Internet router and Gabbit device. Are your phones working afterwards? If not, go to step 3.
- Call 855-5-GABBIT or open a Support Ticket.
- Help is on the way 24/7.